In June 2011 I decided to finally do a 30 day raw food challenge. I did a short 6 day stint back in October 2010 following Jinjee and Storm’s The Garden Diet (an awesome program!) My participation was short lived because it was getting colder and I really just wanted something hot in my belly. I also just did not know enough about raw foods to be able to make the commitment. So I decided to read more recipes I find out about the benefits of raw foods so I would be more informed. In June I was much more prepared. On a whim I decided after my 34th birthday on May 21st that I would finally give raw foods the attention my body deserved. The results:
- I lost about 22 pounds
- my thinking is clearer
- I feel more excited about exercise
- I made a decision to finally begin a career as a personal chef and teach cooking classes
I wanted to put my 30 day raw food challenge posts here in one space for those who may be thinking about dipping into raw foods — even if it is just for a day or two. I hope you will find some inspiration for your own reasons for wanting to eat more raw foods.
- 1 Day Raw: Go Me!
- 2 Days Raw: Why Raw for 30 Days?
- 4 Days Raw: Learning to Feel
- 5 Days Raw: Living the Way God Intended
- 8 Days Raw: Sometimes I Just Need a Piece of Chicken
- 12 Days Raw: I Take Responsibility for Me
- 16 Days Raw: Choosing the Healthiest Produce
- 21 Days Raw: My Raw Food Goal Check Up
- 27 Days Raw: Vegan Restaurants Really Need to Do Better
- 30 Days Raw: 6 Big Raw Food Lessons